Wednesday, August 12, 2015

You Have More Time Than You Think!

Ha! Yeah right! Have you seen my schedule? OK, maybe not my current schedule (since I'm soaking up the final days of summer vacation), but my regular schedule? I like to think I'm a fairly busy person. I can't imagine what my life will be like when my husband and I eventually add a tiny human to the mix. We had a trial run earlier this summer while I was not working, and I was going nonstop. I. Can't. Imagine.
As I was reading my blogs for the day, I came across this post from the Modern Mrs. Darcy. The book she talks about is about making lists of things you want to do. She broke her lists into 3 categories: personal, travel, professional. She listed 10 things she wanted to accomplish in each area. She gave no time frame for completion. These were just goals. So here are my 10 things I want to accomplish in each of those sections:

Personal:

  1. establish a healthy diet/exercise routine....daily
  2. exercise first thing in the morning
  3. take more couple's painting classes with Mr. B
  4. attend another Texas Tech football game
  5. spend more time with my newest nephew (and we'll be getting another new nephew at the end of October!)
  6. paint the front rooms in our house
  7. have more date nights
  8. cook on the grill more (this is more of a Mr. B thing....I don't really grill)
  9. find something to write about weekly 
  10. read more (I've been a neglectful reader this summer)
Travel
  1. take more TX day trips (great idea, Leigh Anne)
  2. explore the wonders of small towns nearby
  3. spend 2 weeks in Europe-traveling all over
  4. Go back to Mexico....Baja this time!
  5. Stay at the Hard Rock in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
  6. road trip up the east coast
  7. Washington DC
  8. New York
  9. North/South Carolina
  10. Tennessee (Nashville: the country saloons with live music and the Grand Ole' Opry)
Professional
  1. be a good team leader
  2. stay organized
  3. get more intentional with documentation
  4. send more positive notes home to parents
  5. stay on top of assessments
  6. plan effective team meetings
  7. take Spanish classes
  8. teach 3rd grade
  9. find a job closer to home
  10. be an instructional coach

1 comment:

  1. Love this poat & great goals by the way! Adding it to my "to post" list :)

    ReplyDelete