Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Final week of summer...Recap

I spent my final week of summer being very uneventful. This was probably the only week of the whole summer where I did pretty much nothing. I mean, I hardly left my couch. I watched A LOT of Gilmore Girls this week. #mustfinishbeforeworkstarts
I usually devote the final week of summer to relaxation. The week before my mom came to visit and brought baby Jude. She helped me get my room set up. She does this just about every year. It's a personal/professional goal of mine each year to have my room pretty much finished by the end of that first week in August. When I go back, I like to do administrative work and prepping for the first week. Since it's my first year as team leader, I wanted to make sure I was extra prepared and extra organized (who knew that was even possible #squarelife) so I could help everyone else and answer questions. Tuesday, I got my hair done. I went darker and a bit shorter. I've got this dark red/brown thing going on, and I cut 3 inches of the length and had it thinned out because #haireverywhere
I mean, Mr. B and I were always finding my hair in the weirdest places. #sheddinglikeadog
Had to send the new do' to my mama

Friday, I treated myself to my monthly pedicure. How convenient that it was also time for my bi-weekly manicure. #qspanails #bon

Saturday was the only day I worked on school stuff. Mr. B worked all day, so I seriously sat at my kitchen table working until he got home. 

This was my life most of the day on Saturday. #isecretlylovedit #losersquare 

I splurged and bought the Erin Condren teacher planner. I had so much fun filling in dates and activities for school. 
*since I'm writing this post the following Tuesday, I've had a lot of fun adding notes and details throughout the first week back to work* #dontjudge #coloredmarkersmakemehappy

We did squeeze in some fun during the weekend. Friday night, Mr. B and I went to visit Matt and Leigh Anne and their sweet baby girl, Caroline. They let us come since we brought food......hehe
I love getting to snuggle with babies #iwantone #babyjuju #stillpraying


Saturday evening we had dinner with Mr. B's parents. Meatloaf, macaroni and cheese, corn, rolls, and banana pudding. His mom thought it would be fun for us all to sit and color. She had an array of adult friendly coloring books with fun patterns and a variety of colored pencils. 
We are all clearly deep in concentration.
It took me over 2 hours to finish this intricate picture. I refused to go home until it was finished. Mr. B was so proud of it, so he displayed my work on our fridge. #itslikeim5again

Mr. B was off on Sunday, so we got to watch some Gilmore Girls and run a few errands. He let me go to Souper Salad for lunch after church since I've been craving that restaurant for a few months. He was reluctant since it's mostly salad, but since he's an awesome hubby he went along. After evening services, we went to a friend's house with other people from church for a game of Nertz. I started off hot and it was all downhill from there. We left before the game was over so I could mentally prepare for my first week back to work. I'm going to attempt the 5:30am wakeup with an immediate workout.....let's see how that goes!

I think I'm ready to head back........

No comments:

Post a Comment