Friday, August 21, 2015

Classroom Tour 2015-2016

It's that time of year again to start putting in those long hours getting my room done! I was so thankful for my mom coming that first week of august to help me in my room. She did A LOT of work. She did all my Texas Tech decorations: locker tags, clothes pin covers, clip art, and double Ts.. She cut out lamination, helped organize files, sort construction paper, clean shelves, and organize books. She even helped me move furniture! AND she did it all with my baby nephew in tow! I could've really used her these last couple of days. I always keep finding things that need to be done. Let's take the tour of my room this year. You'll notice a consistent theme throughout......RED RAIDERS!!!!
This is where the kids will display their work. I'm proudly displaying our matador mascot. I can't wait to fill this line with the hard work of my firsties.

Yes, I'm starting the early! Indoctrination at its finest. It's all about the red raiders in this classroom. I love that I get to display my school pride while introducing these sweet babies to the possibility of college.

The back of the door just came to me today. It was one of those projects that "just came up." Since I'm team leader this year, my class is split into 4 groups for specials. I've always just had one group for specials, so I would slide the one calendar in a sheet protector. My kids could just look and know where the whole class went. Not this year. I have 4 different calendars. The kids' names are written under which group they belong in. This will also be a huge help to subs throughout the year. The shelf on the left has math materials for the kids to use during stations. The shelf on the right also has things for the kids to use. I tried to put everything the kids could use all in one place so they knew what was "theirs."


I had to get a good shot of the "Raider Power!" I've decided that this year I was going to use this as my attention signal. When I say "Raider" the kids will echo "Power." This brings me back to my college football days in the stadium! Yeah, I left today at 5:15 after getting there at 7:30 this morning. Nonstop all day.


Here's our sight word wall and reading area. That table will eventually be a station for Daily 5.


22 desks ready for my new class! Check out those sweet locker tags! Thanks mom for tracing those, printing them, and cutting them out after I laminated them. You're a rock star! #wreckem


My presentation station (part of it in the bottom left corner), my book shelf, computer station, and Daily 5 info board.


The back counter is where they keep their book boxes. That's my teacher table where I hold small groups. Don't you love my red wall? I added a picture board with pics from my years at Tech, my sister's graduation from Tech, and some other family pics. 


More Tech decor on the walls. I keep all the supplies I need for small groups right next to my table. I keep a container of supplies for the kids so they're not always bringing all their stuff to the table. The pocket chart will hold coin cards and vocabulary cards/words.


You can see a little bit of my carpet area. I have mini pocket charts to place the names of kids in reading groups and spelling groups. The kids can also see what we're learning on the objective board. Notice the "Wreck em' Tech!" above the calendar? That's right!!!! Do you suppose Tech will forgive some of my student loans since I'm doing free marketing for them?


So when this little guy was here, we decided to twin it. I gave him the honorary mascot position for our classroom! If he learns anything at all from his aunt Lee Lee, it will be how to get his guns up!

I'm so excited to welcome my brand new group of firsties on Monday! #teachingfutureredraiders









No comments:

Post a Comment