Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Weekend Fun

This weekend was less busy than we had originally planned, but we were OK with that. Saturday was the only day that we really did anything. We slept in and lounged in bed for a while before Mr. B cooked us some breakfast. We tried to go workout at the Y, but there was a festival going on in the parking lot. We were not going to try to fight our way in. We decided to just go run around town. We went to NRH to visit the mall and the shops around the mall. I had one particular thing that I was looking for.
I had 3 proud moments while out and about:

1. Went in to Payless really wanting these white wedges I'd seen. I tried them on (along with a few other shoes) and went back and forth on whether or not to buy them. Mr. B was gracious as he sat patiently waiting for me to make up my mind. I ultimately talked myself out of the shoes. I didn't feel they were worth $25. I will just get by on the shoes I currently have. Which, side note, last year I bought 3 pairs of wedges-each a different color-from a store. They weren't cheap either. The straps have broke on all three pairs after only a handful of wears. I'm so upset about that. I will not be buying shoes from this store again. I've bought their boots before and have experienced low quality with them, too. Disappointing. Love their clothes though!

2. Next, I dragged Mr. B into Charming Charlie, which is an accessory store, while I browsed handbags. Now, I have a really great mint colored Kate Spade handbag that I just ADORE. I bought it last year online and got it for a steal with its matching wallet. I haven't stopped carrying it since I bought it. I walked around thinking I might want to get something new. I normally don't buy bags unless they're designer (I know, such a snob!). I have to be really in love with a bag before I can commit to buying it. The sales lady was disappointed that I walked out empty handed. I had to explain to her that one doesn't simply replace "Kate" unless you're really in love with something else. To my shock and horror....she had no idea who Kate Spade was!!!!! She knew Michael Kors, but not Kate Spade. All this to say, I walked away empty handed again.

3. Finally, I went to Lane Bryant to get my jeans since the store was all 40% off. I don't ever pay full price for clothes, especially in that store. I go to pay for the pants and the cashier informs me that if I spend just $6 more dollars I'll get a $25 off a $50 purchase next time. I'm searching for something within that price range to add to my total. She points out the sunglasses will only be about $10 since they are 40% off. "Oh.....I do need new sunglasses!!!" (I mentally shout to myself....girl, no you don't need new sunglasses! There ain't nothing wrong with the pair on your head. Besides, if you get that stinkin' coupon you'll just come back in here and spend more money on more clothes that you don't need!) Yep, 3rd time in a row resisting the temptation. I left only with the pair of pants that I went in for.

Did I mention I like to shop and may have a slight problem? These are big moments for me.

That night we met up with our gang for our monthly get together that we try to have. We met in Grapevine and this fun burger joint. Afterwards, we went to Main Street for some dessert. Mr. B and I shared a piece of red velvet cake that was most delicious. Us girls got to chat while the boys sat together with their noses deep in their phones with little to no communication going on no matter how much we tried to make them socialize. We would have got a picture to show how goofy they looked, but we were too busy gabbing. Well, we were talking when Christy wasn't showing us her Dance Jam routine on the sidewalk. Yeah, that happened!
Yeah, that's me rockin' the no makeup look while out on a night on the town. #dontcare
Have I mentioned how incredibly handsome Mr. B is? I'm sure I have!

Finally, I would like to share a new law I instituted with my family. Since my adorable nephew is over 300 miles away and we just love him so much, I have instituted the minimum of 3 pictures a day rule....bonus pics strongly encouraged. My sister must meet her daily quota or incur my wrath!!! I feel I should warn everyone that each blog I post will more than likely feature at least one picture of our handsome godson! He's just too cute not to show off. While out shopping, we found a cute fedora and onesie with a bowtie and suspenders that would be perfect for Jude the Dude. We took pics and sent them to my sister so she could get it for him!!!

This so needs to happen!

In keeping with the 3 pictures a day quota, I have picked 3 of my favorites (of course I love them all).
CAUTION: These pictures contain extreme cuteness and may cause some to want to make a baby of their own (yeah, us too!).



Tomorrow I'm going to try something I saw on one of my blogs that I follow called "What's up Wednesday?" where I answer some general questions and share things based on topics! 

No comments:

Post a Comment