Saturday, December 14, 2013

Family Festivities (a month late!!!)

Ok, so I know I've been neglectful of my blog. I really have no excuse at to why. I mean, I've been busy, but not so much so that I can't write. I really can't use the excuse of not having anything noteworthy to blog about...because now I am having to play catch-up this Saturday night. I guess the only excuse is pure laziness....

I will start with my Thanksgiving festivities that start about a week prior to Thanksgiving. I get to see my parents and sisters maybe 3-5 times a year. We live clear across the state of Texas from each other, and we all work. My parents and sisters came to visit me and Mr. B for the Texas Tech vs. Baylor football game at Cowboys Stadium (a/k/a AT&T Stadium, but whatever!). Whatever official name you give it, people will always really refer to it as Cowboys Stadium. Anyways...we started this little "tradition" last year. My parents arrived first on that Thursday, and we just got to visit until Mr. B came home at 11pm. We ran some errands on Friday, and my sisters arrived later that evening. Me, being the great hostess that I am, had dinner on the table when they arrived from their 5 hour journey.  Now Mr. B and I try to eat healthy the majority of the time, but when my daddy comes, well it's on! This is what I made for dinner the night everyone was together:

Yummy BBQ sausage. Followed by:
fried potatoes and onions. Followed by:
sautéed veggies and jalepeno cheddar cornbread (from scratch)
Now when my parents came, they came with some yummy treats for us. They spent the last few months canning, canning, and more canning. They had 4 boxes full of jams, jellies, pickled okra, sweet pickles, dill pickles, green beans, beef stew, tomatoes and okra, and even corn! My pantry was pretty empty, but we ok, Mr. B, organized the shelves to make room for all our goodies.
 
So now it's the day of the game. I will go ahead and share the end result: my alma mater got their tails handed to them by the Baylor Bears. Most teams this season, with the exception of one, would go on to have similar fates. This is my second time in this stadium, but my first time sitting at the very top of the stadium. It was quite a hike up there. Any higher and we could've swung from the rafters on the roof. Thank goodness for Jerry's jumbo-tron. What made this game fun was my family and my life-long BFFs who got to join in on the fun. Here are some pics:
 


Me and Mr. B decked out in our Texas Tech gear. Thanks to my sis for letting me borrow her jersey. My mom bought me that sweet necklace you see around my neck. Since my school has a saying "Get your guns up!" the pistols added a nice touch to the chunky red and black beads. I can remove the pistols and wear the beads solo:)
 
Next up is me with my twin besties since high school and even years before that! All 3 of us are Texas Tech Alumni!!!
 
 
The next 3 pics are of our view from the rafters the "cheap seats." We also got some shots of the "Goin' Band from Raiderland" in the shape of Texas and the sacred Double T.


 
We had a great weekend with friends and family. Until February, when we meet again:)

 




No comments:

Post a Comment