Monday, October 21, 2013

Hubby's Birthday Weekend Days 2 & 3

Sunday was a busy day for Mr. B's birthday weekend. We attended worship services like we do every Sunday, and had a full day thereafter. It really starts your day right when you get to worship the Lord during your birthday weekend. After worship services, we had a potluck dinner. Luckily for us, the location was right up the street from us. I made a tasty chicken spaghetti with chocolate Oreo cupcakes. The food was a hit. After our lunch, we headed back home for some rest. Getting in close to midnight and waking up early makes for a sleepy Sunday afternoon. Clearly some of us rested better than others:

Mr. B and our two babies are partied out on the couch. Don't get me wrong, I totally took a quick power nap. However, I had to finish watching the Dallas Cowboys take another NFC East win. This picture was just too cute not to snap. I feel I'm always snapping pictures of him asleep. I can't help it! He's just so cute, even when he sleeps. But speaking of football, I mentioned in a previous post how my husband claims to be a fan is a fan of the Green Bay Packers. So I decided to indulge in his weird choice of football teams....I mean, at least he is getting excited about football. I don't have to feel weird about being a girl who's into football but her husband isn't.

T-shirt for game days and a keychain for everyday representation.
So after our nap, I made a quick batch of jalepeno cheddar cornbread to take to my mother in law's for dinner. She was making chili (hubby's favorite) for his birthday dinner. Mr. B has an aunt who is just crazy about him, so I asked her to come over and surprise him for his birthday dinner. He was thrilled. I invited her despite the fact that she only gave me one year to last with her "favorite" nephew. Oh, the jokes that we have about that. Here we are almost 5 years later.....she can't have him back!!! HaHa
 
I also made an attempt at a Dr. Pepper cake. Mr. B loves him some Dr. Pepper. The cake itself tasted great, but since it was a 2 layer cake it was an epic fail when it came down to appearance. However, we enjoyed it just the same.

He better have made a good wish! Maybe for me to get skinny I mean have a baby.....
 

We both had to work on his actual birthday, but I took him for an awesome steak dinner at Saltgrass Steak House. We had some great food.

The highlight of the day had to be this morning when I gave him his ultimate birthday present: his very own Ipad!!!! We bought one a year ago to "share," but it really ended up being more of something that I used since it was synced with my account. He is always on his phone, so I thought he would enjoy his own Ipad. He was so excited to open it. I even custom designed his case. If you are looking for a good site to custom design Iphone or Ipad cases, go to www.coverroo.com.
Well, this concludes birthday weekend. 2 months from today we get to celebrate my 28th! As I keep telling Mr. B: LIFE WILL BE GREAT AT 28:)

No comments:

Post a Comment