Sunday, January 1, 2017

2017 Goals

Yeah, I'm going to be cliche and do a post about goals. I don't care. It's my blog and I'll write what I want to. I had intended to review my goals for 2016, but I realized that I didn't do a post about them. I guess that was 2015 I did that. Oh well! I started thinking about this on Thursday as I was meal planning for the upcoming week because we all know I have a fitness goal like the rest of the world. I took out my brand new Erin Condren Life planner and got to work on January. Here are some things I thought I'd like to accomplish this year.

Spiritual Goals: This one is always a tough one for me. I know I'm not the only one that struggles with this area in their life. It seems I've been struggling more as of late. I'm not really sure why. But I know I need to make some changes.

  • Daily Bible reading: My plan is to read through the New Testament in a year. I hope to eventually join my husband in his weekly Bible studies since they are about to dive into the NT
  • Spend more time in prayer: I'm often guilty of only praying when I need something. I often forget to pray daily and thank the Lord for his blessings for the day....like the fact that I'm still breathing, have a roof over my head, a job I love, and a loving husband at my side.
Fitness Goals: Again, this one is always hard for me to stick to. I'm a fatty for life, I'm telling you. I've struggled with weight and fitness all my life. I don't know if I'll ever be able to get it right, but I know each day is a new fresh start.
  • Weekly meal planning and prep: I plan on sitting down on Thursdays and planning out what I want for the next week. I'm one of those that does well with repetition. Eating the same thing daily helps me stay accountable.
  • Drinking my Shakeology: When I was doing this regularly, I saw a difference. I had more energy. I felt better. It's a matter of finding the time of day I want to drink it and sticking with it.
  • Working out: This was easy for me last year with early morning CG workouts, but not so much now that I have to be at work earlier. I hate waking up early and I hate working out when I get home. Clearly we have a problem. Currently, I'm committing myself to 2 days a week lifting weights at CG on Mondays and Thursdays in the evenings. I plan on doing Beach Body workouts the other days of the week.
  • Loving myself for where I'm at: I've got to quit comparing my journey to that of those around me. I'm never going to be a size 2 and that's OK. I also need to stop putting myself down. I'll get there eventually. Fitness is a marathon, not a sprint. 
Reading Goals: I want to read at least one book a month. I'm not committing myself to self-improvement, nonfiction, fiction, or a series. I made the mistake last year of making a grand list of books I wanted to read over the course of the year. Yeah, I lost interest in that list pretty early on. I'm only going to look for recommendations when I need one. I've had to stop reading the blog that I used to for reading because I was getting overwhelmed with book choices. I definitely had to stop listening to her podcast, too. January's book (which I've already started reading because it's over 600 pages) is "The 6 Wives of Henry the VIII". 

Marriage Goals: I love my husband so much, so these are going to be fun for me to try to achieve. His happiness makes me happy. 
  • Monthly date nights: Like I mean a mandatory night out. We get so lazy about wanting to stay in and do nothing but sit on the couch and watch TV. We are young and without children. We should be enjoying that life. I'm going to have to make myself put on pants and go out on the town with my handsome man. 
  • Be nicer: Not that I'm mean, but I tend to push the envelope of teasing. I sometimes don't know when to shut up and leave things alone. I want to be encouraging and uplifting, not nagging and teasing. This one is going to be difficult for me because it's so entwined with my personality.
  • Be patient: I recognize we operate at different speeds on some things, I need to calm down and let him do things in his own time and not rush to do it for him.
Life Goals: Survive! 
  • Be patient: Yes, in life. I want things to go according to plan. I have a hard time adjusting when things go off course. I'm a girl who likes and thrives on routines and plans. There are things I want to happen in my life that I have to realize aren't in my direct control. God has a plan, and I need to stop thinking I know better than he does in regard to it.
  • Pay off debt: With us getting raises, I'd like to see us pay off some of the debt we owe and quit acquiring new debt once we've paid something off. This one is going to be super challenging for me. 
  • Make more time for friends and family: I want to keep up my monthly lunch dates with the twins. I would also like to find time for my thread life girls, too. Snap Chat just isn't enough. I need some face to face time with those ladies. I would also like to see my family more. I'm going to need them to come visit me more. I've got another trip planned to see them in February.
  • Blog monthly: I do a pretty decent job of this with my "What's Up Wednesday" posts each month, but I would like to do one or two more posts a month. Maybe if I schedule them in my planner it'll make me do it......
Career Goals: I just want to gain a deeper knowledge in my current grade level. This next school year I want to be more efficient in my methods since I have a year under my belt now. I'm pretty good at adapting and changing what didn't work they year before, so I'm hoping this will come easier for me. I've also been toying with the idea for some time now to take my 4-8 Generalist test that would allow me to teach up to 8th grade. I'm not saying this is a "goal" because I'm still in my deciding phase on whether or not this is something I want to pursue, or even think I'd be good at. Let's get through my first year of third grade first......

Well, I guess that does it for me. It'll be interesting to see this time next year if I've met these goals. I can't wait to tackle them! I'm coming for you 2017!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment