Saturday, September 27, 2014

What's been happening.....

I've been neglectful since that first week of school. I've just been all kinds of crazy and busy, but I thrive in that environment. The school year has started off pretty good. There have been a couple of bumps in the road this past week, but I think everything will work out OK. I have 20 wonderful children in my class. I absolutely love, love, love my class this year. They are entertaining and so sweet. I have some cute kiddos this year. I am also teaching the first and second grade Bible class at my church right now. I really am enjoying the group I have, my co-teacher, and just the class overall. I just love being a teacher!

Shout out to my sister, Amanda, who has her own blog up and running: absolutelyamandatory.blogspot.com
She's about to finish up her master's degree in December and become a teacher, too! I couldn't be more proud of what she has accomplished. She's been in school for a while trying to find her path. We have a joke about how I took the "highway" route through college while she took the "scenic route." The only thing that matters is that we both finished and are pursuing a life-changing career.

It's finally Fall! This is my favorite time of year. I absolutely love September-December!!! There's so much going on this time of year. I love football. I watch college and pro (Wreck Em' Tech! Go Cowboys!). I love all the holidays this time of year. The food is fabulous. The weather is awesomesauce. I could go on and on. Mr. Hubby's birthday is coming up in October, and my birthday is in December. I'm going to have to think about birthday celebrations for him.....what to do? what to do? It's the last year of our 20's for the both of us.

Things I've got planned:

  • Eli Young Band house party in November with "The Gang"
  • Mr. Hubby's birthday surprise (still have no clue what that's going to be)
  • Handing out Halloween candy with the in-laws while eating frito pie and brownies (kinda starting to become a yearly tradition)
  • Another couple's painting class with Mr. Hubby (this time we are painting a guitar!)
  • Tomorrow I'm going to try my hand at making a mesh wreath-I've got peacock feathers, teal, brown, blue colors, and divalicious decor (pictures will be coming soon)
I've been meaning to share a recipe that has become a favorite at work and at home. I call them: "Life Changing Potatoes"
  • boil 4-6 red potatoes until soft
  • mash potatoes with "masher" in large mixing bowl
  • mix in the following ingredients:
    • 1 stick butter
    • 8oz sour cream
    • 1 block cream cheese
    • handful shredded cheese
    • 1 pkg bacon bits
    • 4-5 green onions, chopped
    • seasonings of choice (I use Mrs. Dash's garlic and herb and onion and herb)
    • 1 can of french fried onions (you can mix these into the potatoes or sprinkle them on top...I've done both and they both taste great!)
  • you can eat it as is after you've mixed things together, or you can bake it in the oven @350 for 20 minutes-if you bake it, don't put the french fried onions on top until the last 10 minutes
Finally, my sisters and I will be writing a story based on our dogs. We all have a passion for writing, so we are going to try our hands at writing for entertainment purposes. I will be posting these stories to a new blog. These will follow a letter format in which our dogs will be pen pals with one another sharing their adventures and thoughts about their life. I hope to have the first installment up by tomorrow. Be sure to check it out! 

Chipoodle Adventures: Being a Dog is Ruff

No comments:

Post a Comment